Well, I am going to come out with it. Its hard. And no, I am not sharing with everyone. But I am sharing with anyone who may be clicking around. Otherwise, I am just writing to myself.
My daughter, my princess, my heart, my first born, my child so desired, my blessing, my saving grace, my best friend. My daughter has been diagnosed with ADHD. For most people, you look and see an average - EVERYDAY diagnosis. I see a failure. I failed my daughter. I messed her up so severely already. It hurts more than I can even describe. I have had her to see 2 therapists, 2 counselors and a new pediatrician. They all agree with the diagnosis. I knew it was coming. Still didn't hurt any less when it was written.
So where do I go from here? I take my daughter to behavioral therapy. I take her to counseling. We pair it with a mild medicine and hope that I am able to do right by my child. My heart hurts. I am so conflicted. I have to trust that all the dr's can't be wrong. God I hope not.
I am also going to use this as my sounding board. I need support. If you found me and want to follow me, please do. Join me in my journey into something I have never even imagined as part of my life. Please know that medication is controversial, and I know this. I do not need naysayers or anyone 2nd guessing my choices. I do it enough for everyone. I need support. I need to know I am doing it right. I need to know that I have people behind me, believing in me.
So welcome to my world. Blessed be the children.
Blessed Are the Children (Psalm 128)
Blessed are the children, who walk in the Lord.
Blessings and Joy shall be theirs.
Theirs is the bounty, the fruit of the vine.
Theirs is the Joy of God's care.
Fear the Lord (May the Lord bless you on your way)
Love the Lord (Long life and Peace be with your days)
Love the Lord.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Blessed be the children........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aww Mags...you have not failed at all. We may end up with this diagnosis at some point too. *hugs*
Mags I worked with a lady (when I was in High School) whose son had ADHD, he was one of the brightest, sweetest, compassionate children I had met at that point in my life. His father was no support to my co-worker and I saw the effect this had on her. Even though I've only met T once in person I see the same characteristics in her. They both had this spark in their eyes that I can't explain, but you could see their love for life. You are one strong Momma and you can do this. We are here for you and love you dearly!!
You did not fail her! I know that feeling, but it's just a feeling. It's not the truth.
I won't get into it much here but Chase has been diagnosed with a couple things and the will be evaluated for autism on Thurs (today).
Your child can still be bright, happy, sucessful, joyful, fun, intellegent and secure. You'll help her! You're a great mother. She will be cared for!
Thank you all for the love. I knew I could count on you ladies!
Post a Comment